none
[E2007] [EWSJA] [Java]: Invalid XML character () in EWS response - way to work around? RRS feed

• Question

• Good day everyone.  I've recently been attempting to switch over an old CDO-based contact syncing application to EWS, and I've hit a bit of a snag.  Basically, I think Exchange is generating bad XML, and the java API is blowing up on that.  The bad character in question is  and according to the XML spec, that isn't valid.  You can replicate the issue by inserting this control character (Device Control 3, apparently) into any field of a contact via the web interface.

Now as to how exactly this character got into the person's contacts, I can't say.  Although thats kind of immaterial, since the XML should be valid anyway.

I've poked through the forums a bit and found a few other threads that are discussing the same issue, albeit with different control characters.  However, other than "fixing" the content, which isn't really possible for me, there didn't seem to be a resolution out there.  So, has anyone managed to tweak the java API to handle this scenario?  I don't see an immediately obvious way to do so, and so I figured asking here couldn't hurt.

Also, is there a way to report this bug to Microsoft so it can be fixed, assuming it hasn't been already?

Thanks,

-Ben

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 9:31 PM