Sharepoint Workflow does not get triggered automatically. RRS feed

• Question

• We are using sharepoint 2007 and we have out of box workflows and  our custom (state machine) workflows running on our intranet sites.  We have these workflows trigger automatically on item creation. All workflows had been working properly without any issues. Since last few days, we have started facing issues with all of them. Now, workflows are not getting triggered automatically and this happens intermittently.  

If someone has faced this issue and resolved it. Please suggest!

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, July 28, 2011 7:41 AM ALL pre-SP 2010 wf questions go to the pre-SP 2010 wf forum (From:SharePoint - Design and Customization (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 7:28 AM

All replies

• Hi Pravin,

Just mentioning two cases I have faced this kind of issue & its solution..

1) If you run the workflow (add an item) using system account, then it will not trigger the workflow.

2) If you have used some people & groups to send mail, In group settings of that group make sure Who can view the membership of the group? option is set to Everyone.

Thanks,
    Chanakya
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    My Blog

Thursday, July 28, 2011 9:09 AM
  • Thanks for your quick response! But, we did not face issue for the aforementioned points.

1) We have issue with all sharepoint users.

2) We have n number of site collections and workflows are not working on any site collections. I would have consider this case if we have issue on 1 or 2 site collections.

Thanks again!

Thursday, July 28, 2011 12:27 PM
  • Do you have any errors in the ULS logs or Event Viewer?

Was anything in your environment changed recently?

Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    Monday, August 1, 2011 3:37 AM