Invalidating Bitmap Source Effect with mutable IWICBitmap

Question

• Hello everybody,

I am developing a Windows Store graphics application and I render the graphics content with Direct2D. I am using IWICBitmap which is modified by locking its pixels, then it is rendered after passing it to Bitmap Source Effect, which is OK. After changing the bitmap data I cannot invalidate the effect to reflect the changes. The question is how to invalidate the portions of the effect that contain the modified pixels?

Thank you in advance.

Regards

• Edited by B. Dimitrov Tuesday, August 20, 2013 9:44 AM
    Tuesday, August 20, 2013 9:43 AM

All replies

• Can you explain in more detail which part of this you are having trouble invalidating and how you are rendering the graphic? Can you provide a minimal project which demonstrates what you are trying to do and where in the code you are having trouble?

Thanks,
        Rob

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 6:25 AM
    Owner
  • Hello Rob,

Thank you for your response. I have IWICBitmap which contains the image, then I am modifying it's pixels by locking them. I am rendering the graphics in SurfaceImageSource which is used as source for Image in XAML. The rendering works fine. After I modify the pixels and rerender the scene the changes are not reflected. But when I recreate the bitmap source effect the changes are visible too. The recreation of the effect is a performance bottleneck. I am looking for a way to invalidate only the portion of the effect that have been changed.

Thank you.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 2:59 PM