none
Socket connection question RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I have a socket related question . Our application is written in Vb.net and  window service application  and uses Socket to connect to WCF application which is hosted in IIS on server side. Window service application is on client side, sometimes client do scanning on their end  and the socket disconnects and cannot complete the process and have to restart window service application manually. Is there a way where the process complete its process and then disconnect during scanning? . I read lot about keepalive process but when scanning happens will that work? Does socket allow multiple connection?

Also need suggestion regarding window service application. Any latest technology we can use instead window service application?

Thanks really appreciate your answer.

Monday, June 19, 2017 4:45 PM

All replies

• Hi Seetha,

>> Our application is written in Vb.net and  window service application  and uses Socket to connect to WCF application which is hosted in IIS on server side

Could you share us how you connect to WCF by Socket? In my option, both WCF and Socket are used to community between client and service, but I am not sure why and how you combine them.

>> Is there a way where the process complete its process and then disconnect during scanning?

Could you share us the reason you need the connection keep all the time? I think WCF is base request, it will be active when you send request to WCF.

What do you mean by scanning?

>> Any latest technology we can use instead window service application?

Will it work if you set windows service start type Automatic?

It would be helpful if you could share us more information about your issue.

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 2:44 AM