New Standard Streaming Pricing Model RRS feed

• General discussion

• The pricing page for Stream Analytics and the Azure Pricing Calculator were updated this morning with new prices for the "Standard Streaming Unit".

All I can find out about the new model is that the price has gone from $0.031/hour to $0.11/hour (!!). Is there more information about this change anywhere?

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 6:03 PM

All replies

• Found this blog post but it doesn't mention the pricing change: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/new-in-azure-stream-analytics-geospatial-functions-custom-code-and-lots-more/ 
    Wednesday, February 1, 2017 6:31 PM
  • Microsoft is changing the price of Azure Stream Analytics to better align with the market. That said, all our existing customers will continue to pay the older price until Dec 31st ‘17, or end of their Enterprise Agreement, whichever comes later. We are committed to innovating in this space as evidenced by numerous new features that were announced today. Even after the price increase, Azure Stream Analytics will maintain price parity with other similar offerings in the market, while delivering significant differentiated value.

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 11:51 PM
  • Yes, I saw Amazon Kinesis Analytics is also $0.11/SU/hour. However, Kinesis offers 4GB of RAM and 1 vCPU for every streaming unit. You are not transparent about how much RAM and how much CPU a streaming unit is so I cannot tell if they have increased to justify the new cost you are proposing. The price for my jobs (36 SUs total) will go from $830 a month to $2,946 a month! That is nearly a 4x cost increase.
    Friday, February 3, 2017 1:33 AM
  • We're seeing the same too. Our Stream Analytics costs have almost quadrupled too. What the hell's going on? <mutter>

Jason Timmins - MBM Ltd - Business IT Support

Monday, February 5, 2018 1:33 PM