none
FaceFrameFeatures no longer needed? RRS feed

• Question

• Was just playing around with some code - and noticed that I was getting results for FaceProperty.WearingGlasses even though I didn't specify .Glasses for the FaceFrameFeatures when I created the FaceFrameSource.  Has this been changed to where you no longer have to specify or is there an issue in the SDK (just noticed it in the 1409 public preview).

To make sure it wasn't an issue with my code - I removed the '| FaceFrameFeatures.Glasses' line from the FaceBasics-WPF sample and ran it - and it will still report Yes/No/Maybe for WearingGlasses

Thursday, September 25, 2014 3:52 PM

Answers

• The behavior you are seeing is by-design. The underlying expression tech will calculate ALL of them if only one is specified. 

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

• Marked as answer by kjwinkel Tuesday, October 7, 2014 8:47 PM
    Tuesday, October 7, 2014 8:34 PM

All replies

• It appears that if I have any one of some of the attributes set (such as Glasses, or Happy, or MouthOpen, etc) - then I get all of them.  If I don't have one of those, and just have the boundingbox, rotation, etc. set, then I don't get any of the other attributes.

Seems odd.

Thursday, September 25, 2014 3:58 PM
  • Thanks for the report, I have brought this back to the team. It is still required, but will get confirmation of the behavior.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Monday, September 29, 2014 4:45 PM
  • The behavior you are seeing is by-design. The underlying expression tech will calculate ALL of them if only one is specified. 

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

• Marked as answer by kjwinkel Tuesday, October 7, 2014 8:47 PM
    Tuesday, October 7, 2014 8:34 PM