Windows Authentication RRS feed

• Question

• I have an IIS server that is hosting a website with a WCF Dataservice.  This website is secured using windows authentication.  On a different server I am running SharePoint 2010.  The SharePoint server is also secured using windows authentication.  On this SharePoint server I have a Silverlight 4 application running within a page which uses the WCF data service.  Everything works great when the client is a member of the windows domain, and both sites are added into the local intranet settings on the security page in IE.  However, if these sites are not in the local sites a dialog box appears requesting the username and password.  In fact I end up getting two dialog boxes.  The first box request credentials for the sharepoint server, the second requests credentials for accessing the data service server.  I've tried setting the data client credentials within the application to both a valid user account as well as setting UseDefaultCredentials = true.  How can I eliminate the second dialog box asking for credentials on the data service server?  I'd like to be able to access this site from computers which are not a member of our domain, but still use their domain username/password to login. 
    Friday, March 2, 2012 12:32 PM

All replies

• This is a problem is at IIS level , that dialog box is shown by IIS not data service

My suggestion is

1. Allow Anonymous security at IIS level
    2. For authentication implement your custom code in side data service OnStartProcessingRequest function
    3. Alternative you can use federated authentication

Ashwini

Saturday, May 5, 2012 6:02 PM