none
Breaking changes in latest version of System.IdentityModel.Tokens.Jwt (5.3.0) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are currently referencing System.IdentityModel.Tokens.Jwt v4.0.1. As part of migrating our projects to target netstandard2.0, we had to update the version of the above library to latest version. But we found that few classes are missing in the versions above >4.0. Some are listed below:

• SignatureProvider
    • RsaSecurityKey
    • BootstrapContext

I noted that netframework targeted dll of System.IdentityModel.Tokens.Jwt (5.3.0) still has all these classes, it's just removed for netstandard2.0 targeted dll.

What I would like to understand is, have all these changes moved to a different library ? Is there is a breaking change log that I can look at ?

Thursday, October 25, 2018 3:29 PM

All replies

• Hi AloysiusTany,

Thank you for posting here.

I test the dll on .net standard 2.0. In .net standard, we could use the dll via installing from NuGet Package Manager. Based on my test,  I still could use SignatureProvider, RsaSecurityKey. There is something wrong with BootstrapContext.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 26, 2018 7:50 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.

Can you let me know the version of System.IdentityModel.Tokens.Jwt that you have installed through nuget ? Because, it shows class not found for me here.

Friday, October 26, 2018 8:07 AM
  • Hi AloysiusTany,

I have installed the 5.3.0.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 26, 2018 8:15 AM
  • Does it make a difference if my project is multi targeted (netstandard2.0, net462) ?  If I switch to net462 version to the project in VS, these classes are recognized but not when I switch to netstandard2.0 version to my project in VS.

Let me try to create a sample project and share here.

Friday, October 26, 2018 8:22 AM
  • Hi AloysiusTany,

I am waiting for your project.

Based on my test, I use .net standard 2.0 with System.IdentityModel.Tokens.Jwt 5.3.0.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, October 31, 2018 6:04 AM