COM Interop Error loading type library/DLL TYPE_E_CANTLOADLIBRARY Window 10 64 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi?

Got this error when run my program using Outlook Com Interop, but only on my Laptop.

The program is running fine on my stationere PC.

In the Program ref. the Patch is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Visual Studio Tools for Office\Office14\Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.dll"

Can someone help me to fix this problem?

Can see other have has same problem but Years back.

The Office pack is Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus Version 1609 (build 7369.2127 on the Laptop.

Best Regards

Finn Ellermann

Monday, April 17, 2017 9:15 AM

Answers

• Hi Cole

Thanks for answer.

Yes for some reason is there a 64 bit on the Laptop and 32 bit on the main PC.

Thanks for helping me out of this case.

Can you have a nice day

BR

Finn

• Marked as answer by Finn E Wednesday, April 19, 2017 8:16 AM
    Wednesday, April 19, 2017 8:15 AM

All replies

• Hi Finn E,

Is your project set for x86, x64, or AnyCPU? Is the DLL an x86 or x64 DLL? Those two things have to match. Make sure they match.

Since it works on stationere PC, please check if the version of the dll and office pack is the same between stationere PC and Laptop.

Best regards,

Cole Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 2:59 AM
  • Hi Cole Wu

Thanks for answer.

The "Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.dll" is the same ver. etc. on Laptop and Main PC

The Office Pack is the same Update and it is the ladtes.

Can it be something with the Reg. DB?

BR Finn

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 7:50 AM
  • Hi Finn E,

Please check if you are using 64 bit OS and 32 bit MS-Office, which could cause the issue. if your OS is 64 bit, please install 64 bit MS-Office and set project for x64.

Best regards,

Cole Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 6:14 AM
  • Hi Cole

Thanks for answer.

Yes for some reason is there a 64 bit on the Laptop and 32 bit on the main PC.

Thanks for helping me out of this case.

Can you have a nice day

BR

Finn

• Marked as answer by Finn E Wednesday, April 19, 2017 8:16 AM
    Wednesday, April 19, 2017 8:15 AM