Sims 3 games don't work on Windows Developer Preview (sims3launcher.exe)

Answers

• I fixed it:) I kept setting the actual game to it but i did the launcher and now it works:)

-Chase Croley
    • Marked as answer by Chase_Croley Tuesday, November 01, 2011 8:40 PM
    Tuesday, November 01, 2011 8:40 PM

All replies

• Have you attempted to run the installer in Compatibility Mode?

If you right-click on the installation executable and go to its Properties menu, there is a Compatibility tab that you can access which gives you the option to "Run this program in compatibility mode."  Once you mark the check box, choose which OS you would like the installer to run as.  I would suggest Windows 7 first, but try other OS versions in case it does not work.

rafael

Microsoft Consumer Software & Services Support (CS3)
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 7:25 PM
    Answerer
  • this is still a developer preview, so keep in mind that is aimed at developers. Also it's an early beta (actually pre-beta) so bugs are bound to be found.

Regards,

Dylan Meeus

0x2B |~ 0x2B Blog : www.it-ca.net/blogdylan
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 7:31 PM
  • I tried it but it still does it!
    Friday, September 30, 2011 4:35 PM
  • Thank you for posting your feedback, we want to make sure we get the right info including your log files. Can you also submit feedback using the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program? If you’re an MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview. There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Windows Live ID account. If you’re not an MSDN subscriber follow this limited use link to join the Connect program and then follow the steps here.

If you are prompted for an invitation code, please enter the following key. MSDN-76H9-3CFP

https://connect.microsoft.com/site1147/InvitationUse.aspx?ProgramID=7221&InvitationID=MSDN-76H9-3CFP

Thanks,

Marilyn
    Sunday, October 02, 2011 5:32 PM
  • Have any of you guys got it to run on Windows 8?

-Chase Croley
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 9:01 PM
  • Have you tried installing in compatibility mode as Rafael suggested?
    If that doesn't work, it may not work until a later release of the Beta.
    Marilyn
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 9:28 PM
  • after seeing this post i installed sims 3 for my daughter on win 8dp. the graphics were corrupt when the game got to the point of loading a town. after running the compatibilty troublshooter the game runs as it should. my experience has ben a positive one with games with only some minor graphics corruption with an old game, quake 4, which can be expected using win 7 gpu drivers.

Monday, October 31, 2011 12:54 PM
  • What errors are you seeing while trying to run Sims 3. Also which display adapter/drivers are you using for your machine?
    Monday, October 31, 2011 4:25 PM
  • I fixed it:) I kept setting the actual game to it but i did the launcher and now it works:)

-Chase Croley
    • Marked as answer by Chase_Croley Tuesday, November 01, 2011 8:40 PM
    Tuesday, November 01, 2011 8:40 PM