none
Clone code from public WINCE7 RRS feed

• Question

• I want to Clone XAMLRENDERPLUGIN from PUBLIC to my platform BSP and change the source code there. I tried with Bruce's tutorial from

http://geekswithblogs.net/BruceEitman/archive/2008/07/02/platform-builder-clone-public-code.aspx

but unfortunately, I'm stuck with sysgen_capture to get proper linking source file. Could someone help me with that?

Saturday, January 26, 2013 4:36 PM

Answers

• You don�??t need to run sysgen_capture for XRRendererOpenGL which is already a dynamic-link library(Dll).You can directly copy the folder to your platform directory.

Sysgen_capture is mainly generates one new sources file for each dynamic-link library (DLL) or executable (EXE) target that is created while you are performing a Sysgen.

Regards,
    Prabu [eMVP]
    • Proposed as answer by Vinoth[MCTS] Tuesday, January 29, 2013 1:25 PM
    • Marked as answer by Pawel W Z Tuesday, January 29, 2013 9:07 PM
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 1:07 PM

All replies

• Post the error or the issue which you are facing and also explain about what your are trying to achieve.

Regards,
    Prabu [eMVP]
    Monday, January 28, 2013 6:25 AM
  • Hi

We used sysgen_capture to create sources files. What problem did have with it ?

Also please notice that sysgen_capture does not generate rules about handling of res files and def files. It only generates rules related to binaries(dll & libs)

Tugrul Guclu Embedded Systems Expert PMP , MCTS tugrul.guclu at gmail

Monday, January 28, 2013 9:01 AM
  • I used "sysgen_capture xrrendereropengl" as well as "sysgen_capture" without any argument but I don't see any file using sysgen_capture w/ argument and none of the files that I need when used w/o any argument.

Monday, January 28, 2013 10:01 AM
  • You don�??t need to run sysgen_capture for XRRendererOpenGL which is already a dynamic-link library(Dll).You can directly copy the folder to your platform directory.

Sysgen_capture is mainly generates one new sources file for each dynamic-link library (DLL) or executable (EXE) target that is created while you are performing a Sysgen.

Regards,
    Prabu [eMVP]
    • Proposed as answer by Vinoth[MCTS] Tuesday, January 29, 2013 1:25 PM
    • Marked as answer by Pawel W Z Tuesday, January 29, 2013 9:07 PM
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 1:07 PM
  • I used "sysgen_capture xrrendereropengl" as well as "sysgen_capture" without any argument but I don't see any file using sysgen_capture w/ argument and none of the files that I need when used w/o any argument.

Please try sysgen_capture -p ModuleName and lookfor sources_ModuleName file.

Tugrul Guclu Embedded Systems Expert PMP , MCTS tugrul.guclu at gmail

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 11:27 AM
  • As I correctly understand -p switch is for choosing specific public projects to capture sysgen so this shouldn't work as xrrendereropengl is not a part of public project. Of course I did try, too.
    Wednesday, January 30, 2013 1:48 PM