Measure group related question RRS feed

• Question

• I have a cube with two fact tables, two measure groups. I also created few calculated measures.

On client side I see two measure groups and below the calculated measure.

Is there any way I can show that calculated measure in one of the measure group. It's easy for end user to see number measure and % measure both next to each other.

I hope this can be possible using MDX some how update mdx for measure group or some thing...

Thank you - Ashok

Monday, January 22, 2007 11:23 PM

Answers

• Ashok,

You can easily associate your calculated measure with any existing measure group. To do this, please follow these steps:

- Open your project in SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio & double click your cube

- In the Cube editor, go to the Calculations tab and double click your calculated member "Average Sale Price"

- In the toolbar, just right from the "Form View" and "Script View" toolbar buttons, click on the "Calculation Properties" toolbar button

- In the Calculation Properties dialog that comes up, select your calculated member "Average Sale Price" from the dropdown and set the associated measure group for it to be "Royalty Statement"

- Deploy the project and you are ready to go

Hope this helps,

Artur

Monday, January 22, 2007 11:55 PM
  •  

Ashok, moving a measure from one measure group to another is not currently supported in AS 2005.

--Artur

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 6:47 PM

All replies

• Ashok,

You can easily associate your calculated measure with any existing measure group. To do this, please follow these steps:

- Open your project in SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio & double click your cube

- In the Cube editor, go to the Calculations tab and double click your calculated member "Average Sale Price"

- In the toolbar, just right from the "Form View" and "Script View" toolbar buttons, click on the "Calculation Properties" toolbar button

- In the Calculation Properties dialog that comes up, select your calculated member "Average Sale Price" from the dropdown and set the associated measure group for it to be "Royalty Statement"

- Deploy the project and you are ready to go

Hope this helps,

Artur

Monday, January 22, 2007 11:55 PM
  • You are the man Thanks. Is there any way to move a measure from one group to another. I know If I change underline Table/View it can be done but is there any way in cube design time I can move measure from one group to another.

-Ashok

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 3:41 PM
  •  

Ashok, moving a measure from one measure group to another is not currently supported in AS 2005.

--Artur

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 6:47 PM