3 Tier Deploymnet Database Connection Problem RRS feed

• Question

• I'm a beginner and trying to deploy my first lightswitch application to web server.  Everything works fine in the development environment but I ran to problem when I tried to deploy my web application to a diffrent server .   I followed a "Deployment Guide" written by Beth Massi but I keep running into the error "Cannot connect to the configuration database".  Using the same login in the connection string, I was able to connect to my database server via SQL Management Studio.  The firewall on webserver is off and the firewall on the database server was setup as recommended (based on Beth's article).  I have spent hours to figure out what is the cause of it but no luck.  I really appreciate if anyone can give me some hints or direction to address this issue.  Thank you.
    Tuesday, November 26, 2013 7:11 PM

Answers

• Sorry the delay.  Due to weird errors, this sytem prevented me from replying.

Anyway, thank Eason for your suggestion.  I got my problem fixed.  The problem is caused by conflicting with Sharepoint installed on the web server.  Once I disabled the Sharepoint components, everything is working.

Thank you.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 8:22 PM

All replies

• Hi weeno,

Maybe you can try it:

On the Data connections page of the wizard, choose the Database Connections tab, enter the administrator and user connection strings for the database server where you want to publish the application database, and then choose the Attached Data Sources tab.

When you publish updates, you don't need to republish the database unless you have changed the schema. To prevent the database from being republished, clear the Publish database schema check box.

The database server must be pre-configured to have SQL Server 2005 or a later version, or SQL Server 2005 Express or a later version. It does not have to be located on the same server where you are publishing the application.

The user connection string cannot use Integrated Security; you must specify a valid user name and password for the connection.

For more information about deploy a Three-Tier LightSwitch Application, see: How to: Deploy a Three-Tier LightSwitch Application

Thanks.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 7:44 AM
  • Sorry the delay.  Due to weird errors, this sytem prevented me from replying.

Anyway, thank Eason for your suggestion.  I got my problem fixed.  The problem is caused by conflicting with Sharepoint installed on the web server.  Once I disabled the Sharepoint components, everything is working.

Thank you.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 8:22 PM