API - Where do I start? RRS feed

• Question

• User-1395629893 posted

Hi there!

Can anyone help me with API? I need to connect our wordpress website and an Email Marketing platform through API. It will be used for automating responses to customers who purchased, abandoned a purchase and/or visits a URL. Not sure if this is too much trouble but if it is, can you suggest or point me on the right direction on where to start so I can figure this out? I really want to learn this stuff.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Thursday, July 14, 2016 4:39 PM

Answers

• User-491950272 posted

Hi Michael,

If you want to learn about ASP.NET Web API, here are some resources that can help you learn. As far as your Email Marketing platform is concern, the API differs from Platform to Platform. So make sure that you fully understand the API that they provide to you. You can use these API(s) with your current template of ASP.NET such as Web Forms and MVC.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, July 14, 2016 7:43 PM
  • User36583972 posted

Hi MichaelJames,

You can refer the following link and get to start learning about Web API.

Learn About ASP.NET Web API:

http://www.asp.net/web-api

I need to connect our wordpress website and an Email Marketing platform through API. It will be used for automating responses to customers who purchased, abandoned a purchase and/or visits a URL

As far as I know, the ASP.NET Web API is an ideal platform for building RESTful applications on the .NET Framework. From your description, I think  Web API is not the best way to implement your needs.

For example:

1: If you need to record and send messages in real time, you can implement it on your site (you can record any actions).

2: If each some time to send a message. You can create a Task to implement it.

Best Regards,

Yohann Lu

Friday, July 15, 2016 3:14 AM

All replies

• User-491950272 posted

Hi Michael,

If you want to learn about ASP.NET Web API, here are some resources that can help you learn. As far as your Email Marketing platform is concern, the API differs from Platform to Platform. So make sure that you fully understand the API that they provide to you. You can use these API(s) with your current template of ASP.NET such as Web Forms and MVC.

Thursday, July 14, 2016 7:43 PM
  • User36583972 posted

Hi MichaelJames,

You can refer the following link and get to start learning about Web API.

Learn About ASP.NET Web API:

http://www.asp.net/web-api

I need to connect our wordpress website and an Email Marketing platform through API. It will be used for automating responses to customers who purchased, abandoned a purchase and/or visits a URL

As far as I know, the ASP.NET Web API is an ideal platform for building RESTful applications on the .NET Framework. From your description, I think  Web API is not the best way to implement your needs.

For example:

1: If you need to record and send messages in real time, you can implement it on your site (you can record any actions).

2: If each some time to send a message. You can create a Task to implement it.

Best Regards,

Yohann Lu

Friday, July 15, 2016 3:14 AM
  • User-1395629893 posted

Thanks Janshair! Will definitely check this out.

Friday, July 15, 2016 5:53 PM
  • User-1395629893 posted

Thanks for these Yohann. Will check this out too

Friday, July 15, 2016 5:54 PM