none
HIPAA 837 Mapping issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    Have any one faced a situation in which, while mapping data to 837P schema, have to group the data at Provider level, so that there will be only one 2000A loop for a given provider. Then at the 2000B loop level if there are different client for the same provider then there will be multiple 2000B loops. If there is new provider available, then once again a 2000A loop will start with its 2000B loops. Had any one faced a similar situation? How was it achieved?

Thanks,
    Ram
    Friday, November 20, 2009 9:35 PM

Answers

• Ram I beleive I posted my idea on another post of yours, so if you need more detail, you may go back to it. That is how I am running my files. Basiclaly you need to set up an orchestration that handles that piece. Basically, you can do it several ways, but I will share the way I know worked for me.
    1. Create a DLL function that will return true or false based on the id passed on the 2000A loop NM101. Once you have that DLL making the decission based on that value, you can pretty much do anytying on Biztalk.
    2. On your orchestration pass the value of the NM101 to variable which will then be passed to the DLL you created on step 1
    3. Right after the DLL call, you will be able to route the claim based on the return value from step 1.
    4. Batching is a little more tricky. Here I am now installing biztalk 2009 because I had some minor issues with how biztlak does this on 2006R2 because you need to split the message in order for all steps to work.

This works very well because we can control everything on the fucntion. You will need to know either vm or C# for the dll. I hope this helps.

Please Indicate "Mark as Answer" if this Post has Answered the Question
    • Marked as answer by Ram36 Tuesday, February 23, 2010 7:07 PM
    Friday, February 19, 2010 5:50 PM
  • Wow! That seems pretty complicated, also you are wanting to call a dll from your map.
    I would use the muenchian method of grouping within your map, using xslt instead of calling a dll:
    You can read about it here:

Eric Stott [http://blog.biztalk-info.com] - Mark as Answer if this reply does.
    Saturday, February 20, 2010 6:41 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    Any help on this will be appreciated....I just dont know if it can be achieved.

Thanks,

Ram
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 8:12 PM
  • I am also running into this situation for Institutional Claims. has anyone provided an answer?
    Thursday, February 18, 2010 10:38 PM
  • Ram I beleive I posted my idea on another post of yours, so if you need more detail, you may go back to it. That is how I am running my files. Basiclaly you need to set up an orchestration that handles that piece. Basically, you can do it several ways, but I will share the way I know worked for me.
    1. Create a DLL function that will return true or false based on the id passed on the 2000A loop NM101. Once you have that DLL making the decission based on that value, you can pretty much do anytying on Biztalk.
    2. On your orchestration pass the value of the NM101 to variable which will then be passed to the DLL you created on step 1
    3. Right after the DLL call, you will be able to route the claim based on the return value from step 1.
    4. Batching is a little more tricky. Here I am now installing biztalk 2009 because I had some minor issues with how biztlak does this on 2006R2 because you need to split the message in order for all steps to work.

This works very well because we can control everything on the fucntion. You will need to know either vm or C# for the dll. I hope this helps.

Friday, February 19, 2010 5:50 PM
  • Wow! That seems pretty complicated, also you are wanting to call a dll from your map.
    I would use the muenchian method of grouping within your map, using xslt instead of calling a dll:
    You can read about it here:

Eric Stott [http://blog.biztalk-info.com] - Mark as Answer if this reply does.
    Saturday, February 20, 2010 6:41 AM
  • Its actually very easy if you know C#. I like it much better becasue you can control the data with way more flexibility than the map.
    Monday, February 22, 2010 12:55 PM
  • Hi Eric & Carlos,
    Thank you very much for your inputs. I handled this in a different way, I created a c# code to perform the grouping on a input xml file and create a output as necessary and then drop it off in folder where Biztalk can do the final process.

Thanks,
    Ram.

Ram
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 6:58 PM