One Specific ACS Custom Report "loading forever with hug memory consumption" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks,

I uploaded a custom ACS Reports related to AD Groups .. 

All of them are working except "Removed Members from Security Groups" .. loading forever and with time Memory consumption related to the SSRS Service is getting higher till server memory reach 99% memory utilization and never show results.

The report looks for events 4729, 4757, 4733 (Windows Server 2008) which tracks members removed from security groups

My logs history is configured for only 7 days.. so there should be no hug data to take time also my DB size about 30GB only

I uploaded this report to a lab SCOM Server and it's working !!! problem is there's no error msg ! only loading 

So my guess it's a DB issue .. appreciate help where to look to determine the root cause of the issue

• Edited by Sn0w_MOnkEY Sunday, June 5, 2016 12:58 PM update
    Sunday, June 5, 2016 8:50 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Sn0w,

According to your description, when you run the report in report server, the report spend long times to run and end with nothing display, right?

In your scenario, please check ExecutionLog view to see if the report is processed successfully, and check how much time cost to retrieve data, process report and render report. Also please check the Reporting Services error log (default location: %programfiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\<SQL Server Instance>\Reporting Services\LogFiles) to see if there is any error message logged. Please post the detail error log for our analysis if possible.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
    Qiuyun Yu

Qiuyun Yu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, June 7, 2016 8:56 AM
  • Hi Sn0w,

According to your description, when you run the report in report server, the report spend long times to run and end with nothing display, right?

In your scenario, please check ExecutionLog view to see if the report is processed successfully, and check how much time cost to retrieve data, process report and render report. Also please check the Reporting Services error log (default location: %programfiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\<SQL Server Instance>\Reporting Services\LogFiles) to see if there is any error message logged. Please post the detail error log for our analysis if possible.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
    Qiuyun Yu

Qiuyun Yu

Hi Qiuyun,

First off, thank you for the reply. 2nd forgive my poor skills with SQL and reporting but regarding the ExecutionLog i understand how to enable it "Management Studio\Logging".

Please correct me if i am wrong but to view this logs i need to run query to view this logs right ? specifically

"Use ReportServer  

select * from ExecutionLog3 order by TimeStart DESC "

Tuesday, June 7, 2016 9:48 AM
  • Hi Sn0w,

You can take a look at this article to learn how to query ExecutionLog3 view: http://www.keepitsimpleandfast.com/2011/07/more-tips-to-improve-performance-of.html

Best Regards,
    Qiuyun Yu

Qiuyun Yu

Wednesday, June 8, 2016 1:27 AM