none
Will HLK support Certification of/for pre-Windows 10 OS? RRS feed

• Question

• Currently, if I'm correct, HCK supports testing and submissions for Windows 8.1 and before while HLK supports testing and submission for Windows 10 and after.  Installing HLK and HCK on the same server seemed to be mutually exclusive in my experience, so I have an HCK and an HLK controller to manage and maintain.

Question: will the HLK support testing and submission for versions of Windows prior to Windows 10 in the (near) future?  Perhaps when it comes out of "Technical Preview" mode?  Or will there forever be the "HCK for before Windows 10" and "HLK for Windows 10" division?

Apologies if this is a FAQ.

Thank you,

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 5:04 PM

Answers

• Hi Mark,

I'm told there is no plan to make the HLK support testing for devices earlier than Windows 10. It seems you will need to maintain two dedicated environments if you have scenarios to test both OS versions.

Thanks,

Justin [MSFT]

• Marked as answer by Mark Enstone Thursday, July 23, 2015 3:08 PM
    Wednesday, July 22, 2015 11:29 PM

All replies

• Hi Mark,

I'm told there is no plan to make the HLK support testing for devices earlier than Windows 10. It seems you will need to maintain two dedicated environments if you have scenarios to test both OS versions.

Thanks,

Justin [MSFT]

• Marked as answer by Mark Enstone Thursday, July 23, 2015 3:08 PM
    Wednesday, July 22, 2015 11:29 PM
  • Thank you, Justin.
    Thursday, July 23, 2015 3:08 PM
  • Hi all,

Is anyone knows whether any vendor has passed the HLK certification for UCSI device support on windows 10 ?

I could not able to find in dashboard ?

Could you please help on this.

Regards,

Prabhakar V

Prabhakar Vinayagam

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 7:20 AM
  • Hi,

yes there are a number of vendors who had passed but also we do have some known issues with the tests.

I would recommend updating your filter database and apply the latest filters, and if you are still having test failure contact MS CSS for assistance.

Thanks

Thanks!

Thursday, March 30, 2017 6:28 PM
  • I have tried to get my hlkx file approved for Windows 7 and 8 through the new Hardware sign-in dashboard. The driver is in the hlkx file. I have already been able to get the same driver file(silabs) signed for Windows 10 using a cab file. My trials to get the Windows 7 and 8 signature have failed because of an error that doesn't seem to make sense. The error states:

It looks like your package should contain one or more drivers but no drivers could be found. Please ensure you included all tested drivers in your package.|It looks like your package was created with an unsupported version of the kit. Ensure you're using a supported version of the kit and regenerate your package and try again.

I don't understand this error message because the drivers are clearly inside the hlkx package. I can even open the signed hlkx file and see the package it dumps into the temp directory. What is the cause of this error? It doesn't seem to match the reality of the contents of the file.

I have also tried to submit the same package as an hckx file, and I get the same error as well.

Thoughts...

I already know the driver works on 7, 8, and 10. I've already got a signing for 10 through the cab file. I'm just trying to get a similar signing for 7 and 8.

We have even installed the working driver on Windows 7 and 8 and received the warning that they were not signed.

To reiterate:

Scilabs has already done the testing for 7, 8, and 10.
    We have already done the testing for 7, 8, and 10.

We have a signature for 10.
    We need a signature for 7 and 8 to be official.

Thursday, June 7, 2018 1:06 AM
  • I have tried to get my hlkx file approved for Windows 7 and 8 through the new Hardware sign-in dashboard. The driver is in the hlkx file. I have already been able to get the same driver file(silabs) signed for Windows 10 using a cab file. My trials to get the Windows 7 and 8 signature have failed because of an error that doesn't seem to make sense. The error states:

It looks like your package should contain one or more drivers but no drivers could be found. Please ensure you included all tested drivers in your package.|It looks like your package was created with an unsupported version of the kit. Ensure you're using a supported version of the kit and regenerate your package and try again.

I don't understand this error message because the drivers are clearly inside the hlkx package. I can even open the signed hlkx file and see the package it dumps into the temp directory. What is the cause of this error? It doesn't seem to match the reality of the contents of the file.

I have also tried to submit the same package as an hckx file, and I get the same error as well.

Thoughts...

I already know the driver works on 7, 8, and 10. I've already got a signing for 10 through the cab file. I'm just trying to get a similar signing for 7 and 8.

We have even installed the working driver on Windows 7 and 8 and received the warning that they were not signed.

To reiterate:

Scilabs has already done the testing for 7, 8, and 10.
    We have already done the testing for 7, 8, and 10.

We have a signature for 10.
    We need a signature for 7 and 8 to be official.
    Thursday, June 7, 2018 1:28 AM
  • C_B_S,

I'm not sure what you are asking.  Are you asking for support from Silicon Labs on a Microsoft forum?  If so, I suggest you go through your Silicon Labs support process?    Or are you asking a Microsoft Dashboard question, and if so, is it related to this thread's original question/s?

Thursday, June 7, 2018 6:32 PM
  • I think it is officially a Microsoft question, but since it seems apparent you are working with the hardware labs software, you might know the answer. In addition, it is a scilabs driver so you caught my attention.

I have already certified the c662 scilabs drivers for windows 10 by submitting a cab file to the Hardware labs sign-in site for Windows 10.
    I have built a setup.exe installer and verified that the signed drivers work on Windows 10. 

All I need to do now is get the same signing process done for Windows 7 and 8. In fact, scilabs and already tested the drivers and we've proved the install to work on Windows 7 and 8. We get the warning messages without an official 7 and 8 signing though.

Essentially, the cab file submission does not let you select anything other than a variant of Windows 10. I have to repackage the files into an hlkx or hckx file where I can select OSs other than 10.

I have tried this repackaging. I have signed each package with our organization's certificate. Additionally, I can reopen the packages and see that the drivers are there.

However, when I submit the hlkx or hckx to the same Hardware sign-in page where I sent the cab, I get the error.

"It looks like your package should contain one or more drivers but no drivers could be found. Please ensure you included all tested drivers in your package.|It looks like your package was created with an unsupported version of the kit. Ensure you're using a supported version of the kit and regenerate your package and try again."

I have submitted both files to Microsoft tech support and I am awaiting their response. I was just wondering whether you had any additional insight since the drivers and process seem potentially up your alley.

It seems from the posts above that Microsoft may not support HLK files prior to Windows 10. What about HCK files?

In other words, how does one accomplish this Windows 7 and 8 signing if their Website doesn't support below Windows 10?

• Edited by C_B_S Thursday, June 7, 2018 8:29 PM
    Thursday, June 7, 2018 8:19 PM