none
Openlayers 2.14 and the deprecation of Bing V7/SOAP RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've developed a web app using Openlayers 2.14. As far as I can tell, Openlayers uses REST to communicate with Bing Maps (since there's no mention of SOAP in the .js source), but I can't find enough documentation to know whether it also uses AJAX. Is there anybody here who's familiar enough with Openlayers to know what the situation will be when V7 of Bing Maps is deprecated on June 30. Will my application continue to work?

If anybody is kind enough to point me in the direction of some documentation/reassurance I'd be very grateful. TIA

Thursday, June 15, 2017 4:52 PM

Answers

All replies

• OpenLayers should not be affected by the v7 and soap API end of life.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

• Proposed as answer by Ricky_Brundritt Thursday, June 15, 2017 5:19 PM
    • Marked as answer by StormRH Monday, June 19, 2017 10:00 AM
    Thursday, June 15, 2017 5:19 PM
  • Appreciate the quick reply, Ricky.

Sorry to ask this but if you were able to provide a bit of info to explain the reason why you're able to make this statement I'd be very grateful. (In other words, how do you know OpenLayers shouldn't be affected?)

Friday, June 16, 2017 2:24 PM
  • Open layers doesn't use either of the services that are being retired. I have been on the bing maps team for 10 years and know the bing maps and many partner solutions such as open layers inside and out.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

• Proposed as answer by Ricky_Brundritt Friday, June 16, 2017 4:32 PM
    • Marked as answer by StormRH Monday, June 19, 2017 10:00 AM
    Friday, June 16, 2017 4:32 PM
  • Ricky, thank you. I'm very grateful for this confirmation. It's really helpful.
    Monday, June 19, 2017 10:00 AM