none
IEwsHttpWebRequest, IEwsHttpWebResponse examples? RRS feed

• Question

• The Exchange 2013 web services documentation at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/exchange/jj190899.aspx suggests using the managed api interfaces IEwsHttpWebRequest and IEwsHttpWebResponse for implementing web services features that aren't directly supported by the managed api.  Those interfaces are documented.

However, it isn't at all clear to me how to make use of those interfaces, and a web search doesn't produce any examples. Has anyone had any success using these things? If so, would you mind sharing the technique?

Thanks,

John Lowery

Friday, February 1, 2013 8:37 PM

All replies

• Since there is so little information about it, I'll have to guess. I'd assume it was just an interface to the much-better-documented HttpWebRequest, so it would probably be easier to just use that.

Mobile OWA For Smartphone
    www.leederbyshire.com
    email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m

Wednesday, February 6, 2013 3:25 PM
  • Thanks for the response, Lee

Since I'm upgrading an existing managed API application, I was hoping that those interfaces offered some way to have the managed api deal with the EWS connection and limit the effort to providing properly formatted requests and handling the resulting responses.

Weird that it appears in the documentation with no useful guidance.

John

Thursday, February 14, 2013 10:16 PM