none
The assigned product key can deployed to all users - it turns out, for me only. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I was confused when it says "The assigned product key can be deployed to all users granted rights to Visual Studio through this agreement." 

I had a concierge chat with one of the microsoft agent asking whether my product key of visual studio pro 2015 with VL (volume license indicator) can be shared to all users within my development team, she said no, only me can use the product key. However, in "Product Key" tab, there it says

"The assigned product key can be deployed to all users granted rights to Visual Studio through this agreement." See below image with highlighted text in yellow.

What is meant by "all users" here if only me can use the product key and why it is showing in my level of subscription if it is only me that can use it? 

Thanks

Monday, June 19, 2017 6:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I was confused when it says "The assigned product key can be deployed to all users granted rights to Visual Studio through this agreement." 

I had a concierge chat with one of the microsoft agent asking whether my product key of visual studio pro 2015 with VL (volume license indicator) can be shared to all users within my development team, she said no, only me can use the product key. However, in "Product Key" tab, there it says

"The assigned product key can be deployed to all users granted rights to Visual Studio through this agreement." See below image with highlighted text in yellow.

What is meant by "all users" here if only me can use the product key and why it is showing in my level of subscription if it is only me that can use it? 

Thanks

Dear GilmarP

Please contact the Visual Studio Subscription support.

https://www.visualstudio.com/subscriptions/support/

Thanks,
    prathaprabhu

If my reply is useful please mark it as answered as it help other users with the same query. I am a Microsoft Partner, MVP and MCC and I want to become One Day Microsoft CEO.

Monday, June 19, 2017 7:33 AM