none
Form Hangs

Question

• Visual Studio 2015. I started project and experienced problems, so I started over to keep it simple and eliminate variables. Same result. Here is what happens:

Start project for Windows Form. Do nothing else. Start form in debug and it works.

Try application exe file and it hangs. When it hangs, it shows in task manager in the process and usually replicates itself to show three instances that will not terminate, even with "end process".

Copy exe file to customer's server and blank form opens as expected, so this is limited to my development PC.

Where should I look for the conflict?

Thursday, November 26, 2015 2:59 PM

Answers

• Hi Glenn Sasscer,

So you mean that you could run the .exe process directly in your proejct bin\debug folder, am I right?

(1) Please disable the project property "Enable the Visual Studio hosting process", and then clean and rebuild your solution. Open the .exe again.
    (2) Please check that whether you install certain secruity software in your side, some members met the debug issue with certian software llike the Anti-virus or others, so please close them, and then really test it again.

(3) To make sure that it is not related to the proejct files, create a blank solution, and then add the project files to the new solution, clean and rebuild the whole solution, test it again.

(4) Please also repair your VS.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, December 10, 2015 5:43 AM