none
Entity Framework and spatial data RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded and installed the nuget package of Entity Framework 4.2 (1 November 2011), because i like to support spatial datatypes (geography) in my project.
    Now I realized that the geography data type is still not supported, because i receive the warning 6005: The data type 'geography' is not supported after i created the database model.
    Is it really still not supported or have I done something wrong in my configuration ?

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 4:00 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You are correct, the spatial data types is not supported by EF 4.2... It won't be available before the next release of .NET (4.5), but is available in the June CTP.

The versioning of EF and what is with in which version is not that clear. The ADO.NET team has put together this blog post that clarifies a couple of things

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/adonet/archive/2011/10/18/how-we-talk-about-ef-and-its-future-versions.aspx

Hope this answers your question!

--Rune

If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpful" if the post helped you to a solution of your problem.
    • Marked as answer by dbolly1 Tuesday, November 22, 2011 5:18 PM
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 4:11 PM