none
Not able to get Kinect v2 working after installation RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to get a Kinect v2 to work with my Surface Book. Initially I had problems getting to recognize the sensor. This step seemed to work after I've also disconnected the power supply of the Kinect.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4032123/kinect-sensor-is-not-recognized-on-a-surface-book

So right now I can see the Kinect in Device Manager, but I can't get it to work.

The symptons are as follows:

1. Connecting the USB cable triggers the OS notification that asks what to do with the device. 'Select to choose what happens with this device'.
    2. The light on the adapter turns from orange to white (as expected), but none of the lights on the sensor itself turn on.
    3. Starting the Configuration Verifier causes the Xbox logo to light up.
    4. In the verifier it shows 'No depth frames received'
    5. Sensor turns itself off
    6. Then connects itself again. OS notification appears, XBox logo turns on, fails depth test again etc. This keeps going on forever.

This happens both on my Surface Book as my Surface Pro 3. As I understand there are some connection issues with the Surface Book but on the Surface Pro 3 it has been verified to be working.

Should the Xbox logo light up already when I connect the USB cable? Should I also see the red lights

Sunday, October 1, 2017 7:06 PM

All replies