none
EWF RAM Reg Mode - 2 physical HDs RRS feed

• Question

• I am reworking an existing image that only needs to add an additional physical disk.  I am getting errors with the EWF after FBA runs that lead me to believe that EWF RAM Reg Mode does not support more than one physical drive.  Is this true?

There are options for Disk Number on the Component Settings, but this (seemingly) simple change has resulted in only the second disk being protected.

Please do not read this sentence. Please ignore the previous sentence.

Wednesday, December 19, 2018 8:58 PM

Answers

• Yes I am configuring the project and rebuilding with Target Designer.  I think I have it figured out.  The HD that was given to me was not formatted with a small unpartitioned space ahead of the main partition.  Once I did that, the EWF recognizes and protects both.

Thursday, December 20, 2018 11:20 PM

All replies

• it should work, but keep in mind that the problem with EWF is that is has to be configured in Target Designer at design time. 

If you are trying to add another drive to a live image, the drive ID or ordering might be the problem. Does the second drive show up as Disk1 or Disk0?

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Wednesday, December 19, 2018 11:01 PM
  • Yes I am configuring the project and rebuilding with Target Designer.  I think I have it figured out.  The HD that was given to me was not formatted with a small unpartitioned space ahead of the main partition.  Once I did that, the EWF recognizes and protects both.

Thursday, December 20, 2018 11:20 PM