none
How to create Web Service for monitoring GPS devices? RRS feed

• Question

• Dear sir.,

I would like to create web service to monitor GPS devices, in terms of proximity monitoring.

I need create this web service to receive GPS data from GPS devices through GSM (internet), computing distance between that GPS devices, and then send feedback to them.

For web service, I will use Visual Basic.Net 2015. Could you give me any recommendations or any ways in terms of guiding to reach this web service?

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 4:27 AM

Answers

• Hi VankeyH,

For your question, can I divide it into two parts? The first one is how to create web service, and the second one is to config monitor GPS devices, right?

Please provide more details for your question, which one is your real problem?

Also you can refer to the following document for creating web service:

How to write a simple Web service by using Visual Basic .NET or Visual Basic 2005

Regards,

Frankie

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by VankeyH Wednesday, March 21, 2018 8:46 AM
    Wednesday, March 21, 2018 8:12 AM

All replies

• Hi VankeyH,

For your question, can I divide it into two parts? The first one is how to create web service, and the second one is to config monitor GPS devices, right?

Please provide more details for your question, which one is your real problem?

Also you can refer to the following document for creating web service:

How to write a simple Web service by using Visual Basic .NET or Visual Basic 2005

Regards,

Frankie

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by VankeyH Wednesday, March 21, 2018 8:46 AM
    Wednesday, March 21, 2018 8:12 AM
  • Thanks Frankie

The real problem is to create web service.

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 8:51 AM
  • Hi VankeyH,

If you have more questions about web service, it will be more appropriate to ask your question at WCF, ASMX and other Web Services Forum.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Frankie

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 8:58 AM
  • Thank so much for your kindness.
    Wednesday, March 21, 2018 10:15 AM