Missing data on report for only SOME records RRS feed

• Question

• User-543243711 posted

There seems to be only a few random clients who's data does not show up in a report.  While other client data show up fine in same report?  I have confirmed that the "missing" data is indeed in the database table for clients w/missing data.

Since I cannot repeat the same behavior for every record  I'm at a lost to correct this.  Very odd that this issue only appears in certain clients?  Please advise.....

Thanks!

Wednesday, July 2, 2014 1:30 PM

Answers

• User-1360095595 posted

Here's what I would do. You have some SELECT statement to retrieve the data for the report generation. Run that statement in ssms manually for a client that you know the report is broken for. Do you get any rows? 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, July 2, 2014 1:33 PM
  • User281315223 posted

Is there any type of filtering that may be going on within these Reports and possibly stripping out some of your data? Or perhaps some type of grouping mechanism that might be leaving some of these records out?

I agree with MetalAsp.Net. I would recommend pulling the pure SQL queries that you are performing within your Reports within SQL Server directly (via SQL Server Management Studio or your preferred way to access your database) and then compare those results to your table to see exactly which records are missing (or what fields are missing) and try to figure out why. 

If you happen to find a record that isn't present, consider comparing it to records that are and try to find a reason that it might not be in there (filtering, some "active" field, etc.) and then search through the contents of your Report to try and figure out if you might be striping it out via a filter or some other mechanism.

Wednesday, July 2, 2014 2:00 PM

All replies

• User-1360095595 posted

Here's what I would do. You have some SELECT statement to retrieve the data for the report generation. Run that statement in ssms manually for a client that you know the report is broken for. Do you get any rows? 

Wednesday, July 2, 2014 1:33 PM
  • User281315223 posted

Is there any type of filtering that may be going on within these Reports and possibly stripping out some of your data? Or perhaps some type of grouping mechanism that might be leaving some of these records out?

I agree with MetalAsp.Net. I would recommend pulling the pure SQL queries that you are performing within your Reports within SQL Server directly (via SQL Server Management Studio or your preferred way to access your database) and then compare those results to your table to see exactly which records are missing (or what fields are missing) and try to figure out why. 

If you happen to find a record that isn't present, consider comparing it to records that are and try to find a reason that it might not be in there (filtering, some "active" field, etc.) and then search through the contents of your Report to try and figure out if you might be striping it out via a filter or some other mechanism.

Wednesday, July 2, 2014 2:00 PM