Can I implement OHSBE Based Solution without using Product Service Mapping component? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I am working on an order provisioning scenario where all the required inputs for an order are being fed from UI. I need to submit this order (SubmitOrderRequest) to OHSBE and do an end to end provisioning on HMC Platform. (Create OU,Create User,Create Mailbox etc). I could see that OHSBE expects a Product-Service Mapping component to be present to resolve the product-service mappings. I do not really need to implement P2SM,as I know how the SubmitOrderRequest is going to be when the service characteristics are populated.

But does OHSBE expect P2SM component to be present? Is it mandatory that we have a P2SM component in place,even if there is no requirement for the same? If not, then how do we make the OHSBE understand that it needs to skip the P2SM step? I tried this ,but it fails. Hence,for now, I have provided a dummy P2SM component.

Please help.

Thanks

Monday, June 9, 2008 5:53 AM

All replies

• Hi CSFDevloper,

There is no way to by pass PSM step in OHSBE E2E message flow. HOSBE monitor service picks up message from db and call PSM with requestUUID. PSM returns the Product to services mappings to OHSBE monitor service. and based on service UUID's received from PSM OHSBE monitor service call createsession request from sesion manager.

Here, you may have multiple message types and you may have separate PSM services for these message types. OHSBE monitor service will devide which PSM to call from the url of PSM service present in OrderMessageQueu table. 

Thanks
    Ranjeet
    • Proposed as answer by Ranjeet Bhoyar Wednesday, April 8, 2009 10:23 PM
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 10:08 PM