none
Unable to debug or run a powershell script from VS 2017 RC

Question

• I can't seem to run or debug a powershell script in the release candidate.  I'm wondering if this is a known issue or I might have missed something during the setup?

Thanks!

Saturday, December 24, 2016 4:18 AM

All replies

• Hi socialhistology,

As far as I know, in previous version of Visual Studio (such as Visual Studio 2015), we need to install PowerShell Tools which could let us debug and run PowerShell script in Visual Studio directly.

And according to the Work with and latest update date for this tool, it is updated at ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2016‎ and work with Visual Studio 2015, which means it is not support VS2017 RC.

Since Visual Studio 2017 still a RC version, I suggest you use Visual Studio 2015 before the PowerShell Tool support Visual Studio 2017 if you want to debug and run PowerShell script.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 26, 2016 5:14 AM