none
Add hyperlinks to pictures from CSWP (content search web part) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

in our customized blog page we've got an CSWP which shows pictures from an library. So actually it's a banner view.

Currently when I click the banner I've got redirected to the picture within the library. How can I customize this link so that specific users can just type a link into a column of the picture library?

I've tried to realize this with a site column [managed property] which I've added to the property mapping within the webpart settings. Unfortunately it doesn't work so i can click the banner but the same page simply reloads...

Is there any way to add custom hyperlinks for the pictures from the picture library?

Thanks in advance!

• Edited by techNetAZV Thursday, January 12, 2017 11:02 AM
    Thursday, January 12, 2017 11:01 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Can't you adjust the 'Link Url' in the property mappings?

Thursday, January 12, 2017 12:20 PM
  • Hello,

like I've mentioned - I've tried to do it like that. But I can't get it to work...

1. I've created a site column "URL"
    2. added the Site Column to picture library
    3. entered a URL into it
    4. started full crawl so I get the managed property out of the site column
    5. mapped Link URL to the managed property.

..however, it just reloads the page when I click on the banner.

Is this the right way? Should it generally work like that?

• Edited by techNetAZV Thursday, January 12, 2017 2:27 PM
    Thursday, January 12, 2017 2:06 PM
  • Nobody?..
    Friday, January 13, 2017 10:53 AM
  • I'm having the exact same problem. I was so happy when I finally got the URL to update but it just reloads the page and doesn't link to the URL I entered in the slide library to take the user to the related news item instead of the slide image. 
    Wednesday, March 22, 2017 4:34 PM
  • I just logged in and checked, it's now going to the correct URL. Not sure if it needed more time or the overnight crawl to work. 
    Thursday, March 23, 2017 2:01 PM