Create New user in Active Directory RRS feed

• Question

• User-106241125 posted

I have a web app writen in ASP.net, Framework 1.1, using VB.net.

I have read and adapted the MSDN quick-start tutorials on how to create a new Active Dir user and add them to a group but they don't work out of the box. I suspect I'm missing some other pieces to the puzzle such as entries in the web.config file etc. that are not covered there. I tried reading all of the documentation on this subject on MSDN but some is for 2.0 and some not. Very confusing....

If anyone could give me a hand with this, I would really appreciate it. I need to know all of the steps involved for doing this in framework 1.1 and what order they need to be done. I don't need to authenticate the user at login, just create a new user in a group with a username and password I supply.

Thanks in advance.

Pete

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 4:13 PM

All replies

• User1354132231 posted
    Before you worry about getting this work in ASP.NET, I would strongly recommend getting it to work in a console application.  If you already have a quickstart that shows some code on how to do it, I think you need to read this sticky post and understand the issues with ASP.NET and the security context.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 4:36 PM