none
Saved theme not working RRS feed

• Question

• I installed the Northwind 2007 database on my system, and I like the theme. So I opened the database, went to Themes and saved the theme as a new theme. But when I go to my own database, and ask it to use the saved theme, nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any assistance.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 8:56 PM

Answers

• Hi Shoomie1,

you just need to save current theme from Northwind database.

then open your database, browse for the theme and select it.

now you can able to view that theme in options.

then there are several options available if you right click on theme. you need to select option as per your requirement.

you will find that theme will be applied as per your selection.

I try to test with Northwind theme. I find that it is not working like other themes that we save manually.

I make a test by manually saving my custom theme and apply it to other database and it applied.

but when I make a test with Northwind theme then I find that it not applying the colors and I need to set all things manually.

so it's like you need to manually set all colors, fonts and other properties manually from northwind Database.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Shoomie1 Wednesday, May 24, 2017 6:21 PM
    Wednesday, May 24, 2017 5:50 AM

All replies

• Hi Shoomie1,

you just need to save current theme from Northwind database.

then open your database, browse for the theme and select it.

now you can able to view that theme in options.

then there are several options available if you right click on theme. you need to select option as per your requirement.

you will find that theme will be applied as per your selection.

I try to test with Northwind theme. I find that it is not working like other themes that we save manually.

I make a test by manually saving my custom theme and apply it to other database and it applied.

but when I make a test with Northwind theme then I find that it not applying the colors and I need to set all things manually.

so it's like you need to manually set all colors, fonts and other properties manually from northwind Database.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Shoomie1 Wednesday, May 24, 2017 6:21 PM
    Wednesday, May 24, 2017 5:50 AM
  • OK. I see what you mean. I didn't realize that you needed to right-click on the theme and apply it.

But I also see that the Northwind theme did not work by you either. I wonder what is wrong.

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 6:21 PM