Using Multiple Silverlight Controls on ASPx Pages RRS feed

• Question

• I work mainly with .Net C#.Recently working on a project that requires me use multiple silverlight controls(which does different things) on the same aspx page.

I would try to summarize what I need to accomplish:

- I have a aspx page, which is accissible to members only.

- Each member can save the teams they like, which is saved on database.

- On the profile page i need to show three graphs. Each of these graphs are different and generated based on what teams members saved.

- So I guess I need to use three silverllight controls for this. Each of them need to detect if the request is coming from a logged in member or not, which means it would need to check the session. If not logged in, nothing to be done. Also we need to pass the ids of the teams to the control to show the graphs.

- To show those graphs silverlight need to connect to external web services to get winning/loosing data and then use a third party control I have to display the graph.

- In some cases, i might need to save some data to the database.

I hardly have any knowledge with silverlight. I went through the intro articles, thats pretty much it.

I took care of the aspx coding part, but stuck with the silverlight part.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Friday, July 23, 2010 8:37 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Your problem statement can have two solutions.

1) Create three different silverlight projects and embed their XAP in your .aspx page
    2) Create a single Silverlight app and show three Graphs in that and embed that XAP in your aspx page.

For both these solutions you need to use initparams to initialise whith the required values from your aspx page. You can refer to my answer to check how we do this http://forums.silverlight.net/forums/t/190516.aspx

HTH. Mark as answered if that helps :-)

Regards,

Vidds

Monday, July 26, 2010 1:17 AM