Using WCF, Client apps require a Proxy? (Simple Question) RRS feed

• Question

• User686339638 posted

Does EVERY CLIENT require a proxy to communicate with a service? 

This proxy serializes and deserializes the messages sent from the Client to the Service?

I ask these questions because the books I'm reading did a poor job in my opinion introducing the proxy class. It was just thrown out there with a lot of implications but no explicit details. So upon rereading the materials I came to the conclusion the proxy was not optional but was required. I thought I'd come here to make sure my assumptions were correct.

Thanks guys!

Saturday, September 28, 2013 11:49 PM

Answers

• User2019981500 posted

Hi,

Even i reached to conclusion that  technology is still lacking becasue we need proxy everywhere to communicate with other end.

whenever we have to use any web service or WCF service, we need to create proxy of that service and with the help of proxy, we use the functionalists provided by the web/WCF service. Proxy acts an intermediary between the client of the service and the actual service. Proxy provides a simple interface to the consumer of service and all the intricacies like creating a connection, creating and sending the request, getting the response, etc. is handled by the proxy itself.

regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, September 29, 2013 12:21 AM

All replies

• User2019981500 posted

Hi,

Even i reached to conclusion that  technology is still lacking becasue we need proxy everywhere to communicate with other end.

whenever we have to use any web service or WCF service, we need to create proxy of that service and with the help of proxy, we use the functionalists provided by the web/WCF service. Proxy acts an intermediary between the client of the service and the actual service. Proxy provides a simple interface to the consumer of service and all the intricacies like creating a connection, creating and sending the request, getting the response, etc. is handled by the proxy itself.

regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, September 29, 2013 12:21 AM
  • User686339638 posted

Thanks!

Sunday, September 29, 2013 12:35 AM