Expression Blend 4 not opening project from VS2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I create a Silverlight 4.0 solution in VS2010 Professional, But I am unable to open this in Blend 4.0. ( This is on windows 7). 

a) Right clicking on the project node or solution node in VS2010 does not have any option "Open in Expression Blend" when right clicking the said nodes. (However files can be opened this way).

b) Launch Blend and from the file menu -> Open project - navigate to the folder of my project in VS2010 and select the myproject.sln file and click open.... nothing happens !!

So I am unable to open any Silverlight projects in Blend.

Pl advise what May i be doing wrong.

thanks

Kev

C# Beginner:
    Wednesday, September 8, 2010 12:18 PM

All replies

• Can you create a new Silverlight project in Blend?  What is the exact version number of your Blend installation (help -> about)?

If you are able to create a new Silverlight project in Blend, I could take a look if you zip your sln and send it to me at first.last@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 1:25 PM
  • Can you create a new Silverlight project in Blend?  What is the exact version number of your Blend installation (help -> about)?

If you are able to create a new Silverlight project in Blend, I could take a look if you zip your sln and send it to me at first.last@microsoft.com.

I just uninstalled all of Expression 3 and 4 and re-installed Expression 4

no "Open in Blend" is on the menu.

this happens to folks and so far there is no way to repair this i have found.

happens on different pc's with different install histories.

we need a patch / tool / hotfix to correct this when it happens.

Thursday, September 23, 2010 3:43 PM