none
Help with Hyperlinks in WebForms LocalReport RRS feed

• Question

•  

So, I wanted to add dynamic hyperlinks to my reports.  Seemed simple enough, but it's not working.

First of course I set EnableHyperlinks = True, since the report wouldn't even load without this.

Then, in a table, for a field in the detail row I enabled "Jump To URL" with an expression that looks like this basically

"~/MyPage.aspx?aValue=" + Fields!SomeThing.value

Report loads fine, but none of the fields look like hyperlinks, nothing can be clicked.  Basically, a whole lot of nothing.  I'm googling my hiney off here, but so far all I've found is that there is no Hyperlink event handler in webforms since that's automatically handled by the browser, and it looks like people have found a workaround by using the bookmark or drillthrough event handlers, but this can't be the intended way can it?  I'd think using hyperlinks in webforms would be easy

Monday, March 31, 2008 1:35 PM

Answers

• ok, well I found out some cool stuff,  first off, as a jump to url, this works

="javascript:void(window.open('http://someWebsite.Com/MycoolPage.aspx?aValue=" + Fields!Link.Value+ "','_blank'))"

this will open the page in a new window, which is very nice....and the report handles it.   I found some other cool stuff from lisa Nichols

Code Snippet
    = "name: " & Globals!ReportName +
      " URL:" + Globals!ReportServerUrl &
      " folder:" & Globals!ReportFolder

I'm going to try to incoporate these values and see how it comes out

Thursday, April 3, 2008 6:28 PM

All replies

•  

ok, so I read something from another mod about using fully qualified addresses.

So to test this I first put in a Jump to url of

=www.microsoft.com

didn't work

then I tried

=http://www.microsoft.com/en/us/default.aspx

this worked

So now how do I put in address for a page that's in my project.....that way I can test it in VS2005 before deploying it to a webpage?

Monday, March 31, 2008 2:01 PM
  • Ok, well, I guess nobody tests these before deploying them hehe, so I'll just have to see if I can get better with google.

Thursday, April 3, 2008 2:38 PM
  • ok, well I found out some cool stuff,  first off, as a jump to url, this works

="javascript:void(window.open('http://someWebsite.Com/MycoolPage.aspx?aValue=" + Fields!Link.Value+ "','_blank'))"

this will open the page in a new window, which is very nice....and the report handles it.   I found some other cool stuff from lisa Nichols

Code Snippet
    = "name: " & Globals!ReportName +
      " URL:" + Globals!ReportServerUrl &
      " folder:" & Globals!ReportFolder

I'm going to try to incoporate these values and see how it comes out

Thursday, April 3, 2008 6:28 PM