This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect RRS feed

• Question

• I am completely stumped on what to do with this.  I work at a credit union and one of our members was having trouble with the home banking we offer.  It was the usual user name and passwords on forms needed to get cleared.  I tried to help her, but she had an iMac using Safari for her browser.  I went to Apple's site to look into this to help her and downloaded Safari beta for XP.  It installed and I was able to help her, but I didn't get a chance to uninstall it before I shut down and it has subsequently screwed up my McAfee antivirus on my computer.  I uninstalled Safari and tried to reinstall the McAfee but I am getting the "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect"  I have even run the UPH Clean to fix it but that didn't help.  And calling Apple was no help.  "That software is a beta version so we don't have any support for it right now" was the answer I got!  All I want to do is install my antivirus program. 
    Friday, June 15, 2007 7:03 PM

Answers

• You cannot get help with that in this forum. You must contact the vendor/developer of the software to get help with that. If they won't help then don't use the software.
    Friday, June 15, 2007 7:56 PM

All replies

• You cannot get help with that in this forum. You must contact the vendor/developer of the software to get help with that. If they won't help then don't use the software.
    Friday, June 15, 2007 7:56 PM
  • Exact same problem here.. a doctor with local admin rights downloaded Safari and McAfee ASAP broke. Reloaded PC not knowing what caused the problem and he reloaded Safari and it broke McAfee ASAP again. Still unable to completely uninstall (or reinstall) the McAfee client. God I hate Apple.
    Thursday, June 21, 2007 3:02 PM
  • Well, in the end this isn't a problem that can get answered here.

First of all, this is a forum for Microsoft programming tools, not Apple web browsers. Secondly, I couldn't even start to give you a solution because not only do I not have Safari installed, I don't even use McAfee. You will probably find it the same with quite a few people here too. Thirdly, this is a forum for peers, so you can't expect proper help here. The only real Microsoft personell I've seen here are the people working on the compilers, and they certainly can't help fix a problem with McAfee and Safari.

Whats more, it is beta, so if the company who make it won't support, what chance will you have in getting a rival company to support you?

Thursday, June 21, 2007 5:48 PM