none
Changes to stored procedures do not reflect in associated table adapter RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I created a new SP in SQL Server Express 2005. This procedure select 4 values in a table based on a value that is passed to it. Then, I created a new DataSet file in Visual Studio 2005 Pro. and configured a TableAdapter to connect to the database and bind the 'select' command to the SP. I can see the 4 data columns in the right-side window when I choose the SP. So far, so good.

Afterward, when I try to make a change directly on the SP and add a new column to be returned, these changes are not reflected in the TableAdapter. Even if I create a new dataSet file, configure a new tableAdapter, it seems that the program persist to use the old version of the SP.

This symptom is not far from an other that I noticed and for witch I posted already a note. That is, when I make a change to a master page (in the Web devlopment environment), this change is not reflected to the associated form page.

Maybe these are two different problems but it appears to me that the devlopment environment keep reminiscense of the orginal state of certains objects.

What can I do ?

Please note that my version of Visual Studio Pro 2005 runs on a french version of Windows XP Pro (just in case this could be of some help).

Thanks a lot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pierre

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 1:03 AM