LS 2012 ApplicationData.vb lists old entities and does include any newly created ones RRS feed

• Question

• I previously created a project in LS 2011 but upgraded to VS 2012 and upgraded the project, when I create new entity collections they are listed on the solution explorer and available but the ApplicationData.vb is not updated accordingly it still lists some old already deleted tables after upgrade and does not include the new one.

Thanks

Thursday, November 21, 2013 9:16 AM

Answers

• Make sure you have a backup. You can delete the contents of '..\Server\GeneratedArtifacts\' and they will be regenerated. Occasionally we have to clean out bin/obj/GeneratedArtifacts after upgrades, we call it 'deep-cleaning'. Try that.

Dave

Dave Baker | AIDE for LightSwitch | Xpert360 blog | twitter : @xpert360 | Xpert360 website | Opinions are my own. For better forums, remember to mark posts as helpful/answer.

Tried this a couple of times and now the solution is okay, the ApplicationData.vb is up-to date

Also checked out to make sure that I was referencing from Server/GeneratedArtifacts and not ServerGenerated/.....

Thanks

• Marked as answer by JMuturi Tuesday, November 26, 2013 12:08 AM
    • Edited by JMuturi Tuesday, November 26, 2013 12:13 AM Add edit
    Tuesday, November 26, 2013 12:08 AM

All replies

• Make sure you have a backup. You can delete the contents of '..\Server\GeneratedArtifacts\' and they will be regenerated. Occasionally we have to clean out bin/obj/GeneratedArtifacts after upgrades, we call it 'deep-cleaning'. Try that.

Dave

Dave Baker | AIDE for LightSwitch | Xpert360 blog | twitter : @xpert360 | Xpert360 website | Opinions are my own. For better forums, remember to mark posts as helpful/answer.

Thursday, November 21, 2013 9:55 AM
  • Dave

Tried that out am still pulling out my hair, I also forgot to mention this as it came up as I was a creating a RIA Service.

I don't want to think of recreating the project fresh.

Thanks,

Alex

Thursday, November 21, 2013 12:21 PM
  • Hi,

Rebuilding the project works, but rebuilding the solutions fails.

An error when trying to build a RIA Service led me to note all the missing entity collection in the ApplicationData.vb.

Error    1    'SaleOrderHeaders' is not a member of 'WCF_RIA_Service.ApplicationData.Implementation.ApplicationDataObjectContext'.    C:\Users\DELL\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\Application2\WCF_RIA_Service\WCF_RIA_Service.vb    52    41    WCF_RIA_Service

Thanks

Thursday, November 21, 2013 2:22 PM
  • Hi,

>>Rebuilding the project works, but rebuilding the solutions fails.

I'd like to know if you have rebuild every project and all of them work? As the error appeared when you rebuilt the solution, please make sure you have added related reference and the relationship between all the projects is ok.

There is an article creating a WCF service in Lightswitch and you may refer to it.

Creating A WCF RIA Service Using Entity Framework

http://lightswitchhelpwebsite.com/Forum/tabid/63/aft/89/Default.aspx

Hope it helps.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, November 22, 2013 5:00 AM
  • Hi Pei,

Rebuilding each from the solution explorer works without a hitch but from the build menu on the menu rebuild solution does not work.

What do you mean by this....

As the error appeared when you rebuilt the solution, please make sure you have added related reference and the relationship between all the projects is ok...

Thanks...

Alex

Friday, November 22, 2013 10:18 AM

Dave

Tried this a couple of times and now the solution is okay, the ApplicationData.vb is up-to date

Also checked out to make sure that I was referencing from Server/GeneratedArtifacts and not ServerGenerated/.....

Thanks

• Marked as answer by JMuturi Tuesday, November 26, 2013 12:08 AM
    • Edited by JMuturi Tuesday, November 26, 2013 12:13 AM Add edit
    Tuesday, November 26, 2013 12:08 AM
  • Thanks Pei.

Initially I had followed a tute from the same site to create the RIA Service, went back and checked through the references and everything is now okay.

Regards,

Alex

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 12:11 AM