none
The "Exec" task was not given a value for the required parameter "Command" RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    Recently I installed "ConfuserEx" extension from NuGet and tried to obfuscate my code. But it couldn't do because of some error. So I "unprotected" my project. It showed a success message. Then I tried to build the program and got the error:

    The "Exec" task was not given a value for the required parameter "Command".

    It says the error is at line 336 but that's and empty line and nothing suspected there. Also, when I double click the error, it didn't take me there. I manually checked that line. Where could be the issue?

    I disabled ConfuserEx extension but didn't help. But when I enable it, it builds successfully.

    Thursday, July 20, 2017 6:02 AM

Answers

  • Sorry, It's error with Grammarly.... As I mentioned it didn't take anywhere.

    FINALLY GOT THE SOLUTION! I opened the myProject.vbproj file and carefully checked for any flaw. At the last of the file, I saw this and remove instantly and got my project working and compiling again:

    <Target Name="AfterCompile">    <Exec Command="" />  </Target>

    Thank you everyone for assistance.

    • Marked as answer by Paras Sidhu Thursday, July 20, 2017 1:47 PM
    Thursday, July 20, 2017 1:46 PM

All replies

  • Unfortunately it's difficult to tell you what to do other than recreate the form or class that is having issues. Also it's wise before doing such operations to make a complete backup of your project first, better yet use source control such as Team Foundation Server.

    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

    Thursday, July 20, 2017 11:03 AM
    Moderator
  • Oh no... That form has 6000 lines of code. What does that error tell?

    Edit: what if complete project has problem?
    • Edited by Paras Sidhu Thursday, July 20, 2017 11:36 AM
    Thursday, July 20, 2017 11:20 AM
  • Hi,

    Recently I installed "ConfuserEx" extension from NuGet and tried to obfuscate my code. But it couldn't do because of some error. So I "unprotected" my project. It showed a success message. Then I tried to build the program and got the error:

    The "Exec" task was not given a value for the required parameter "Command".

    It says the error is at line 336 but that's and empty line and nothing suspected there. Also, when I double click the error, it didn't take me there. I manually checked that line. Where could be the issue?

    I disabled ConfuserEx extension but didn't help. But when I enable it, it builds successfully.

    Try to compile it again and this time when you see the error, look carefully for the class that it's referring to.

    It might be referring to the .designer file. If it is then you at least will have a starting point.


    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved.” - Charles F. Kettering


    Thursday, July 20, 2017 12:28 PM
  • Just saw, the file is main project file .vbproj :(
    • Edited by Paras Sidhu Thursday, July 20, 2017 1:43 PM
    Thursday, July 20, 2017 1:22 PM
  • Just saw, the file is main project <g class="gr_ gr_30 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Style multiReplace" data-gr-id="30" id="30">file .</g>vbproj :(

    Whatever you're using to format your messages with isn't working...

    *****

    When you see the error, double-click it in the error list. It should take you to the line that has the compile error.


    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved.” - Charles F. Kettering

    Thursday, July 20, 2017 1:25 PM
  • Sorry, It's error with Grammarly.... As I mentioned it didn't take anywhere.

    FINALLY GOT THE SOLUTION! I opened the myProject.vbproj file and carefully checked for any flaw. At the last of the file, I saw this and remove instantly and got my project working and compiling again:

    <Target Name="AfterCompile">    <Exec Command="" />  </Target>

    Thank you everyone for assistance.

    • Marked as answer by Paras Sidhu Thursday, July 20, 2017 1:47 PM
    Thursday, July 20, 2017 1:46 PM