Biztalkserverapplication host instance issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I am facing issue with Biztalkserverapplication host instance 
    the RL's with Biztalkserverapplication is not enabling and throwing error path not exist

But if i tried with different host those RL is working well..

anyone please suggest resolution for this issue'

thanks in advance

Thursday, November 29, 2018 10:06 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Which Adapter are you using for your Receive Location ? If it is File Adapter possible cause could be,

The File receive adapter disables the receive location if any of the following occur:
     - The File receive adapter cannot access the receive location on the file system or network share because the specified path does not exist. For a network share, the File receive adapter disables the receive location after all retry attempts have been exhausted.

- The File receive adapter cannot access the receive location on the file system or network share because the account used by the associated host instance does not have read-write permission for that location. For a network share, the File receive adapter disables the receive location after all retry attempts have been exhausted.

- Files with names longer than 256 characters are encountered in the receive location.

Resolution
     - Ensure that the specified path or share exists.

- Ensure that the account used as the Logon: account for the File receive handler host instance has read and write permissions to the specified receive location.

- Ensure that files written to the folder monitored by the File receive adapter do not have file names exceeding 256 characters.

So in your case you need to check event log why this the connection to RL is disconnected.

Try to use the IP address instead of the name of the server

HTH

Hope this Helps!!!! Regards, Note: Please Mark As Answered if you satisfy with Reply.

Thursday, November 29, 2018 10:44 AM
  • The Messaging Engine failed to add a receive location "ReceiveFromccc_FILE" with URL "C:\TEST\cccc\*.xml" to the adapter "FILE". Reason: "The FILE adapter cannot access the folder C:\TEST\Amol\. 
     Verify this folder exists.
     Error: The system cannot find the file specified.

The same RL is working fine if I use other host instance

Thursday, November 29, 2018 10:57 AM
  • Seems like you already have the solution, use a different Host/Instance.

The only thing I use BizTalkServerApplication for is Tracking.

Thursday, November 29, 2018 12:37 PM
  • Are the host instances using different accounts to run under?  One account may have r/w access to the folder, another doesn't.

Down there somewhere, its just ones and zeros.

Thursday, November 29, 2018 2:44 PM
  • Hi ,

Its much more related to permission for your host user to read files from the specific file folder  !!You can change the security settings on the folder and give appropriate permission to user running the default application host instance 

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply

Friday, November 30, 2018 1:48 AM
  • Hi Phanindra,

Could you please provide some more details.Do you have multiple BizTalk server?

If YES than One of the reason could be you have multi server environment and BiztalkApplication host is running on only one Env and other environment doesn't have the folder structure.

If NO, It is mostly the access right issue check the BiztalkApplication Logon User and give this user proper Read/Write rights.

Hope this Helps!!!! Regards, Note: Please Mark As Answered if you satisfy with Reply.

• Edited by R.B06 Friday, November 30, 2018 10:32 AM
    Friday, November 30, 2018 10:32 AM
  • The Messaging Engine failed to add a receive location "ReceiveFromccc_FILE" with URL "C:\TEST\cccc\*.xml" to the adapter "FILE". Reason: "The FILE adapter cannot access the folder C:\TEST\Amol\. 
     Verify this folder exists.
     Error: The system cannot find the file specified.

The same RL is working fine if I use other host instance

Refer my Response to your query. it is purely permission issue since BizTalk Host Instance is dependent on Windows user credintials to access the Physical / Network resources ( Files, Folders etc.)

Please check the Host Instance user Credintials for that folder and give the appropriate the Access Rights (Read, Write, Full Control etc.)

HTH

Hope this Helps!!!! Regards, Note: Please Mark As Answered if you satisfy with Reply.

Friday, November 30, 2018 11:15 AM
    Wednesday, January 9, 2019 1:01 PM