Check name feature RRS feed

• Question

• User2088942292 posted

Hello,

I am working on a Intranet/knowledge base system, everything is working fine but I have setup some mail template the helpdesk send to users from the site, at this moment we need to put in the user full e-mail in order to send the form. I put a txtbox and button and I would like to know how to do a check name when you put the user name or username in the txtbox so it automatically generate the e-mail.

Just something to start with would also be appreciated

Forgot to mention my code is in VB.net not C

Cheers,

Pierre

Monday, August 20, 2012 6:41 AM

Answers

• User636753033 posted

Thx for the response another quick question , the domain has over 50 department, users are seperated in the OU's depending on the department they are in. Could I just have it search all the domain? like LDAP://gnb.ca/CN=Full Name,DF=gnb,DC=ca ?

Cheers,

In the directoryentry just use the root of the domain. Do not list any sub OUs. And it will search the entire domain.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, August 22, 2012 8:36 AM

All replies

• User-837620913 posted

Try this:

Dim userEntry As New DirectoryEntry("LDAP://domainname.com/CN=Full Name,OU=Accounts,DC=domainname,DC=com")

If userEntry IsNot Nothing Then
    	txtUserID.Text = userEntry.Properties("displayName").Value.ToString()
    	txtFullName.Text = userEntry.Properties("givenName").Value.ToString() + " " + userEntry.Properties("sn").Value.ToString()

If userEntry.Properties("mail").Value.ToString() IsNot Nothing Then
    		txtMail.Text = userEntry.Properties("mail").Value.ToString()
    	End If
    End If

Monday, August 20, 2012 8:52 AM
  • User2088942292 posted

Thx for the response another quick question , the domain has over 50 department, users are seperated in the OU's depending on the department they are in. Could I just have it search all the domain? like LDAP://gnb.ca/CN=Full Name,DF=gnb,DC=ca ?

Cheers,

Monday, August 20, 2012 12:09 PM
  • User636753033 posted

Cheers,

In the directoryentry just use the root of the domain. Do not list any sub OUs. And it will search the entire domain.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, August 22, 2012 8:36 AM