unable to connect to remote graph in graphedit RRS feed

• Question

• I am unable to connect to remote graph from my application after installing vista sdk. Everything was working fine till i installed vista sdk. after installing vista sdk, when i click on connect to remote graph i get the message box diaplaying the pid and IFiltergraph id. but when i hit OK, nothing happens. I registered the proppage.dll file also. but still its not working. can any one please help me. Thanks. 
    Thursday, April 12, 2007 2:43 PM

Answers

• Try registering quartz.dll (Type in Run command "regsvr32 quartz.dll")
    Friday, September 7, 2007 7:44 AM

All replies

• I have exactly the same problem.
    Tuesday, May 1, 2007 3:40 PM
  • In Vista, the proxy/stub code used by the "remote graph" feature was moved from quartz.dll to proppage.dll. That means, on Vista you need to register the Vista SDK version of proppage.dll. But on a pre-Vista OS, do not register that version of proppage.dll, because then you'll get the wrong proxy/stub version.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
     Mike Wasson, SDK Documentation
     This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use.

(c) 2007 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

• Proposed as answer by plinecom.net Wednesday, January 5, 2011 2:31 AM
    Tuesday, May 1, 2007 5:45 PM
  • I am running WinXPPro + VistaSDK.
    In GraphEdt I can see my remote graphs, but when I connect to them nothing appears in GraphEdt's client area. But GE do connects to my graphs, since I can pause, stop and restart them via GE...

I unregistered proppage.dll and then GE doesn't find my remote graphs anymore.

So?

Do I have to uninstall Vista SDK and roll back to Win2003PlatformSDK?
    Thursday, July 26, 2007 3:34 PM
  • Try registering quartz.dll (Type in Run command "regsvr32 quartz.dll")
    Friday, September 7, 2007 7:44 AM
  • Advanced Graph Manager

The Advanced Graph Manager (AGM) is a powerful visual tool for building and testing 32-bit and 64-bit filter graphs. With AGM, you can quickly build and test filter graphs to see if they function as you expect. You can even view and full control a filter graphs created by another applications (32-bit or 64-bit).

The basic features are:
    · creating and control 32-bit filter graphs;
    · creating and control 64-bit filter graphs (under Windows XP 64 bit and Windows Vista 64 bit only);
    · connecting to the remote 32-bit filter graphs created by another applications and registered at the global ROT (Running Object Table);
    · connecting to the remote 64-bit filter graphs created by another applications and registered at the global ROT (under Windows XP 64 bit and Windows Vista 64 bit only);
    · adding, removing and reconnecting filters in the graph;
    · viewing and changing native filter properties;
    · viewing interfaces exposed by every filter in the graph;
    · viewing detail info about preferred and connecting media types for every pin of every filter in the graph;
    · rendering media files by one command;
    · set the reference clock for using by the filter graph;
    · loading filter graph from the Microsoft Graphedit format files (“grf” extension);
    · saving filter graphs to the Microsoft Graphedit format files (“grf” extension) and old Microsoft Graphedit 6 XML format files (“xgr” extension).

Supported OS
    · Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
    · Microsoft Windows XP 32 bit;
    · Microsoft Windows XP 64 bit;
    · Microsoft Windows Vista 32 bit;
    · Microsoft Windows Vista 64 bit;

http://vlafy.iulabs.com/agm.htm

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 5:23 PM
  • Vlafy, it probably would have been better to post this to a new informational thread rather than digging up an old thread.

Also your web site appears to be down so I can't get any additional information.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 9:47 PM
  • Chris P, thanks, I will create the new thread.

Now my site is available. You can download trial version: http://vlafy.iulabs.com/files/download.php?id=20
    Thursday, October 11, 2007 8:43 PM
  • Thanks, registering quartz.dll worked.  On XP you don't need the proppage.dll.
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 5:20 PM