none
UniqueIDSuccessors and the ListSeparator RRS feed

• Question

• Developing against MS Project I have a question about two members.

Unique ID Predecessors

Unique ID Successors

Both of these mention that "they are all listed and separated by the list-separator character, which is typically the comma."

I was hoping to get confirmation on WHICH culture is used to determine the list separator. Our code was using a call to LocaleID() on the Microsoft.Office.Interop.MSProject.Application object to determine the culture, and then get the list separator. In other words, the culture of the installation. However in testing it seems like the culture of the machine is what is used. 

Example: On an English (1033) installation of Project, but a machine with language set to Russian, the call to those two members returns a list delimited with semi-colons, which is the Russian separator. 

I was hoping to find some kind of documentation on the matter.

• Moved by Chenchen Li Friday, June 9, 2017 3:04 AM MS Project
    Thursday, June 8, 2017 4:19 PM

Answers

• I don't think you need to go to all that trouble. It should be available in MSP as MSProject.Application.ListSeparator.
    • Marked as answer by Jim01 Thursday, June 29, 2017 2:40 PM
    Thursday, June 22, 2017 5:26 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Thanks for posting here. As your question is about MS Project, I would move this thread into Project Customization and Programming forum, I think the MVPs and community in that forum could help you resolve your issue.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 9, 2017 3:04 AM
  • I don't think you need to go to all that trouble. It should be available in MSP as MSProject.Application.ListSeparator.
    • Marked as answer by Jim01 Thursday, June 29, 2017 2:40 PM
    Thursday, June 22, 2017 5:26 PM
  • Thanks. I didn't know that property existed. 
    Thursday, June 29, 2017 2:40 PM