none
Brand New Dell Inspiron 7000 Serise not working with Kinect 2 RRS feed

• Question

• I just purchased a brand new top of line Windows 10 Dell Inspiron 13 7000 serise computer with intel i7-6500, Intel HD Graphics 520 and Intel USB 3.0.

The Kinect verifying software only gives me 18 to 20 FPS and is jumpy.  I have updated everything inluding BIOS and Drivers.  The system is runinng great other then kinect 2.

Ran through all Trouble Shooting tips from TS document.

Any thoughts would be apprecaited.  Tough recommended computers that work with Kinect 2.  What are others experience.  Regards, David

Friday, November 6, 2015 11:51 PM

All replies

• Purchased a HP Pavillion last night with similar chipset.  All worked well.  There is something on the Dell that is interfaring with USB 3 port.  I did an usb view of on the Dell and HP and they are different when the camera is not in.  There are some extra items on ports that I can only assume is causing the problem.

I am happy that Kinetisense works well on Windows 10 with Kinect 2.

I will return the Dell unless anyone has any suggestions.  The Dell is a very nice computer but if I can not make it work it will be returned.

David

Saturday, November 7, 2015 4:24 PM
  • Hi,

could you please tell me which HP Pavillion model do you have?

I wanted to purchase a new Dell Inspiron 15 7559 for the Kinect v2, but when the Kinect will not work on it I need another one. 

Thank you in advance!

Sunday, February 28, 2016 4:17 PM
  • Just for the information, Kinect 2 works with Dell inspiron 7000 (7559) with windows 10.

I just have some issue (low fps and lag) when I use my blackmagic intensity pro card.

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 4:12 PM