SSAS - Cube processing - Error log RRS feed

• Question

• While processing a cube, I need to LOG errors when a 'Key is not found in a dimension' for ALL my dimensions except ONE dimension where I dont care if the key does not exist.

Can this be achieved?

Thanks.

Friday, October 7, 2011 4:50 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi RKTarapore,

In BIDS, double-click the special dimension you want to ignore the error message. In the properties pane, expand ErrorConfiguration category, set the property KeyNotFound to IgnoreError.

Thanks,
    Lola

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    Monday, October 10, 2011 9:54 AM
  • Hi Lola,

After setting the KeyNotFound to IgnoreError in that special dimension, when I process the cube with Report & Continue for KeyNotFound errors (for other dimensions), it overrides the property set in that dimension, and reports the errors which I dont want it to.  Am I missing something?

Thanks.

RKTarapore

Monday, October 10, 2011 9:50 PM
  • Hi RKTarapore,

Any change made on the cube, please Redeploy the project and Reconnect to the server.

Lola

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 10:05 AM
  • Hi Lola,

I am working on the server.  I processed that one dimension setting the KeyNotFound to IgnoreError in .  Then when I process the cube with Report & Continue for KeyNotFound errors (for other dimensions), it overrides the property set in that dimension, and reports the errors.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 7:43 PM