is it safe to upgrade to Xcode 10 for Xamarin Forms ? RRS feed

• Question

• User155041 posted

i am going to start a new project , i want to know wether it is safe to Start with Xcode 10(Xamarin Forms) ? Are there any Bugs or its better to stick with Xcode 9.4 ?

Monday, November 19, 2018 2:48 PM

All replies

• User235050 posted

Have upgraded to XCode10 (together with Mac upgrade to High Sierra) + VS2017 and haven't encountered any serious issues. The only thing is that am not able to target iOS lower than 9, which is not an issue for me.

Monday, November 19, 2018 3:14 PM
  • User155041 posted

@JiriMatejka said: Have upgraded to XCode10 (together with Mac upgrade to High Sierra) + VS2017 and haven't encountered any serious issues. The only thing is that am not able to target iOS lower than 9, which is not an issue for me.

gs.statcounter.com/ios-version-market-share/mobile-tablet/worldwide

As per above its less than 2 percent people who are still using iOS 9. so I guess it won't be a problem here. I just want to how much stable it is ?

Monday, November 19, 2018 3:51 PM
  • User235050 posted

Version 9 is OK, version LOWER than 9 is an issue. Maybe there is some way how to make it work on IOS 8. I was able to deploy on both emulator and a physical device (iphone4, ios 7.1.2) but the app always crashed immediately after it started. On iOS8+it works fine. Am in a development stage with this, so haven't got production experience yet.

Monday, November 19, 2018 4:01 PM