none
project server 2010: using updatestatus on nonpublished projects RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using the updatestatus method on a working project that is not published. I am always getting errors. I tried publishing this project and then trying the updatestatus, it worked totally fine. I was wondering if the updatestatus is not supposed to work unless the project is published. Is this the case? If yes, is there a method that does the same job as updatestatus but that can be used for nonpublished projects?

Thanks,
    George
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 9:49 AM

Answers

All replies

• Correct George, the concept is that you only update status to a project that has been commited and hence published so team members can collaborate.

Would be curious to understand why do you not want to publish the project?

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 12:09 PM
  • Hi Christophe, I am developing an application to copy all the projects my company already has to microsoft project. We have more than 1000 projects, each with more than 5000 timephased data. In order to do this process more efficiently and with less time it would be better not to publish the project every time i add a single timephased data entry programmatically to the project. Any suggestions? Thanks, George
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 12:17 PM