none
It is possible to see derived class properties in Property browser ?? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a control with property of type B and I have couple of classes derived from type B. I'm curious it is posible to see additional properties of derived classes in property browser.

For example when I assign a value with add propery C to type B I want this property to be visible in property browser when I click on control.

I also want universal solution, I mean when somebody develop new class derived from B and add several properties I want those properies to be senn in Property browser .

It is possible ?????
    Monday, August 8, 2005 3:46 PM

Answers

• Yes it's possible, if your derived type C provides typedescription on its own by implementing ICusomTypeDescriptor (this requires some effort to work).

By default, property browser calls the static class TypeDescriptor to extract information from the type its browsing, if the type has no built-in type descriptor. Since your property has a type of B, then it's normal that the property browser will show properties of type B.

-chris
    Tuesday, August 9, 2005 5:33 AM

All replies

• Yes it's possible, if your derived type C provides typedescription on its own by implementing ICusomTypeDescriptor (this requires some effort to work).

By default, property browser calls the static class TypeDescriptor to extract information from the type its browsing, if the type has no built-in type descriptor. Since your property has a type of B, then it's normal that the property browser will show properties of type B.

-chris
    Tuesday, August 9, 2005 5:33 AM
  • Thanks for help.
    Wednesday, August 10, 2005 8:56 AM