none
Data Flow error Exists Activity RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!!

With the actualization in Azure, all my dataflow created have error.

I have an  Activity  for Distinct Rows (like a official tutorial video

• Group by: ID_nnnn
    • Aggregates:
      • Each column that matches:  name != 'ID_nnnn' 
      • column name: $$  //  expression: last($$)

And then I need two differents ways, for insert or update, but when I enter "Exists conditions" and try to see results (...)

(...) the next message appears in data preview:
      Error:
      collectPreviewData failure on job=xxxx, jobState=Completed DF-EXPR-008 at Aggregate 'DistinctRows'(Line 1/Col 0): Column name cod_legajo is disallowed. Stream ~> DimAlumnosLegajos does not need feed StgAlumnosLegajos ~> DistinctRows

I dont know what to do, they are currently in a production  environment. In the past, all my dataflows were working great, and now they don't, after Azure updates

Then I tried creating another dataflow empty, because i thought the error was because of previous Aggregates, so I put only 2 sources and then an Exists activity with a custom expression and didn't work:

If I click in Data Preview Tab, i see no errors, but no output data 
      If I click in Exists condition's blue label and then click in refresh, I see the error

collectPreviewData failure on job=4297062f-84ea-4f55-a842-101d3442996e, jobState=Completed DF-EXPR-008 at Source 'StgAlumnosLegajos'(Line 1/Col 0): Column name cod_legajo is disallowed. Stream ~> DimAlumnosLegajos does not need feed ~> StgAlumnosLegajos

So I concluded that error wasn't because of a bad design, also, i had five dataflows that were working great last month but now not.

Could it be because of the las update? Or a bug?

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 1:42 PM

All replies

• Hello Genaro Efrain Diaz and thank you for your question.  This issue needs deeper investigation.

For a deeper investigation and immediate assistance on this issue, if you have a support plan you may file a support ticket, else could you please send an email to azcommunity@microsoft.com with the below details, so that we can create a one-time-free support ticket for you to work closely on this matter.

Thread URL:

Subscription ID:

Please let me know once you have done the same

Thursday, December 5, 2019 12:28 AM
  • Hi Martin,

I sent just an email to that account with url and id.

Thursday, December 5, 2019 2:47 PM
  • Hi Genaro Efrain Diaz,

Thanks for sharing the details. We have enabled one time free technical support for your subscription. Please open a support ticket for your issue. A support engineer will provide a 1:1 assistance to identify the root cause and will provide a solution accordingly.

Once issue is resolved, please consider to post the resolution details here, as it would be beneficial for other member of the community who encounter similar problem.

Thank you

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Thursday, December 5, 2019 5:43 PM