none
Expression Web 4 Interferes with opening files RRS feed

• Question

• OS - XP Pro; Antivirus/firewall Sophos (the *.exe is not blocked).  After installing the trial version whenever I clicked on any file in other folders unrelated to EW, the file wouldn't open.  Task manager showed the folder as "is not responding".  I called in and was told to buy EW and that once the product key was inserted all would work.  It didn't.  Shut down and restarted computer and for a while all was OK.  After 2 days the same issue is occurring - cannot click and open a file - always get same message.  I don't think there have been any automatic updates, no other software has been installed, software previously on computer working fine except for the opening of files.
    Monday, April 4, 2011 3:37 PM

All replies

• "I called in and was told to buy EW and that once the product key was inserted all would work.  "

I have no idea who told you that nonsense.  Files are not blocked by the trial version in any normal installation/operation, so it would hardly be solved by buying it.

You have a major bug/problem.  I have no idea what is causing it or what would solve it.

Please note that this is not an MS technical support forum.  It's a user forum.  See the first post in the forum [ "... Start Here"] and read it if you haven't already.

Monday, April 4, 2011 3:43 PM